Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lessons in Humility (Vol. 1)

Wednesday's trash day in my new neighborhood, so rather than get up 15 minutes earlier, I just get the trash together on Tuesday night. Tonight, I just finished cleaning out Inky's litter box when I put it on the ledge of the sink, turned my back and ...

Heard a thud.

The entire contents of the clean litter box were on the floor. I'm talking like two pounds of unused Tidy Cat For Small Spaces on the tile floor.

At this point, all I could do is stare. After a good 15 seconds, I started cleanup. I scooped most of it up with the dustpan, but then I broke out the DustBuster to get the rest. (Pilgrim voyage of the DustBuster!!)

I learned three things:

1. Just leave the f-ing cat box on the floor. Don't pick it up because you think sitting it on the edge of the sink will be more efficient.

2. The DustBuster is probably not intended to pick up all of that clay ... or whatever it is they make litter with.

3. When faced with laugh or cry, laugh. Because I know it may be hard to picture, but two pounds or so of cat litter scattered EVERYWHERE on your kitchen floor, after all, is very funny.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

welcome back to blogging! your entries make me giggle in the morning! next, train inky to flush, no need for litter :)

Jacque Jo said...

I mean, this was worse than the SuperAmerica 44 oz. Mountain Dew incident of 1996. Far worse. But I don't know ... at least this was solid to clean up. But crap, two pounds or so of cat litter is HUGE when it's all over the floor.

Jacque Jo said...

There is something here, though ... If I had a place that I thought I could put it, and well, if I had $500 or so to spend, I'd buy this:

Cat Genie!

I mean, the thing WASHES THE LITTER and flushes the stuff away. You may as well have the cat use the toilet at that point.

Jill said...

My man friend found a video online on how to toilet train a cat.
We watched it, looked at the 23-pound beast named George and just laughed our heads off.
Yeah. The litter box is still in effect.
And as for the laugh or cry moment? Laugh until you cry.

Foobs said...

Line the litter box with a kitchen trash bag. Then you won't need to actually wash out the litter box ever (just change the bag every few months). Scoopable little never needs to be replaced, just topped off (though, if you notice your cat digging forever after using the box... give it a good cleaning).

Also, they sometimes have $40 cat trees at Wally World. Your cat will LOVE it...