Wednesday, October 17, 2007

No new fashion venture goes unpunished

"What? You got on your Canadian tuxedo today?"
-- Amber, commenting on my new denim jacket that I got from Julie

In my defense, the denim jacket is paired with a black tanktop, a black straight-line skirt and my knee-high black boots.

Update: Stirewalt just comes in.

"Girl! Look at you in your denim jacket today! You're looking like a million bucks! Doesn't she look like a million bucks?"

Amber: "Yeah, but doesn't she look a little bit Canadian?"

Stirewalt: "Yeah, a little. But more like Wisconsin. Half-Canadian."

For those of you playing along at home, but are still unsure what a Canadian tuxedo is, here's a visual:


And according to a July 2006 article in Bacon magazine, here's how it can be described:

The Canadian Tuxedo
The Canadian Tuxedo is the favoured outfit for young men and women on important occasions. Nothing says “I’m looking my best for you” like The Canadian Tuxedo. Wear it to your prom, for an important job interview, or at a relative’s funeral. The Canadian Tuxedo is traditionally comprised of a pair of blue jeans, a blue jean shirt, and a blue jean jacket.

Screw you guys, I'm wearing a black sweater from here out.

No comments: