Friday, January 11, 2008

Punt. Pass. Kick right in the sack. Repeat.


It seems like West Virginia University's being hit over and over and over again with a tube sock full of quarters. I mean, one more good, solid whack to the daddy box and I'm not sure they're gonna be able to get up.

Today's "House of the Rising Sun" watch brought to you by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (and complete with supporting documents available on the home page):

WVU e-mails on degree opened
Show president's chief of staff directed response to M.B.A. queries

... And the hits just keep on' coming!

And, if that's not enough for you, enjoy this column by a CBS Sports writer who managed to call Gov. Joe Manchin a "jock-sniffing meddler."

Absurd, comical, over the top: Hey, if the Gov fits ...

I mean, at least Hawaii's governor took it up the tailpipe, too.

5 comments:

carissaad said...

All of this stuff about first daughter Heather is quite interesting. I inquired about hvaing my "second concentration" changed to a "minor," but was denied because I took the last class I needed for the minor while I was taking graduate classes. I thought it was worth asking about since I did complete the requirements, but I also understood WVU's position. However, if they can just award an MBA, you wouldn't think a minor would be a big deal. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

You know, if you looks at what has been given to the university to calculate what it would cost to buy a degree... I'm pretty sure I'd be willing to spend the rest of my life in school getting degrees for other people. Why should the powerful be the only ones to benefit from corruption?

This story is ugly, and I expect it will get much worse (unless the university's hopes are granted and people stop being interested). I've been assured that upper-level administrators at universities think like businessmen. The school's integrity is an asset and, like any asset, one that is for sale if the price is right.

I can promise you that Auburn is no better. Of course, being no worse than Auburn is like being as talented as Paris Hilton...

Shannon Blosser said...

I wish my school would just reward me my master's degree. It would make life so much easier. I have completed 12 hours (15 if you count the class I am taking now). But WVU's logic, I should have a master's degree by now, even though I'm 81 hours from completion.

West Virginia University is getting a big black eye and Manchin isn't helping.

some asian guy said...

what an auspicious start an administration. to quote dan hedaya in "joe vs the volcano": "i know he can get the job, but can he do the job?"

Patty O said...

You should just pack up and move to New Hampshire, the only thing we have to worry about here is political candidates calling us 500 times every night during the primaries.

Sorry, I didn't get to listen to your show tonight. Maybe I'll call in next week!