Thursday, November 08, 2007

Ten more simple rules to live by

My friend Amber sent me a story today from the London Daily Mail. A mafia Godfather was arrested in Sicily, and when they took him into custody, they found the Ten Commandments of mafioso.

It's always good to be more informed than less informed, you know.

The 10 'Mafiosi' commandments are:

1. No one can present himself directly to another of our friends. There must be a third person to do it.

2. Never look at the wives of friends.

3. Never be seen with cops.

4. Don't go to pubs and clubs.

5. Always be available for Cosa Nostra, even if your wife's about to give birth.

6. Appointments must be respected.

7. Wives must be treated with respect.

8. When asked for any information, the answer must be the truth.

9. Money cannot be appropriated if it belongs to others or to other families.

10. People who can't be part of Cosa Nostra are anyone with a close relative in the police, with a two-timing relative in the family, anyone who behaves badly and doesn't hold to moral values.


Ooof. I'm gonna have a problem with 3, 4 and 6 ...

10 comments:

carissaad said...

For some reason this made me think of you... http://www.bradpaisley.com/site.php?em3275=190679_-1__0_~0_-1_11_2007_0_0&content=blog&em2492=&mom=

Jacque Jo said...

AWESOME!!! 'Cause I had this ostrich, and I wasn't 100 percent sure if he could go to Montreal with me, but now I know.

And that makes me happy because Carl the Ostrich is a good travelin' companion.

Ann Ali said...

I think that's all just good policy, Mafioso or no.

Jacque Jo said...

I would say you're right. It's best to just live by those rules in general, and that way when the mafia finally does come along, you don't have as much of an adjustment period.

Jim Thomsen said...

11. "What happens in a cheap Morgantown motel room stays in a cheap Morgantown motel room ...."

Anonymous said...

Doesn't #5 sorta kinda conflict with #7? Just sayin...

Jacque Jo said...

I don't see No. 11 ... that must not apply to the mob!

Jacque Jo said...

Yeah, Paige ... I noticed that. I mean, which is it? Sounds to me like you can only pick one!

Angela said...

I'm totally intrigued with #8.

Jacque Jo said...

Yeah, I don't get how you can protect, yet be honest.