Thursday, November 08, 2007

Give it up, bro

Julie sent me a story from Newsweek online today about -- man boobs.

Not a tasty post-lunch treat, that's for sure. But it's kind of interesting.

Most of us would naturally presume that man boobs show up because you get fat. And while yeah, that's true, it's not just because you're packing it on, it's because of the estrogen that extra fat brings with it. I was fascinated.

Anyway, if you're interested, you can read the entire article here. It's actually pretty interesting, but I'm a science geek. And it contains the pop-culture "Seinfeld" reference to the "bro."

5 comments:

Jim Thomsen said...

Yikes. Do men ... um ... you know ... actually ... uh ... LACTATE?

Jacque Jo said...

I've found articles online about how men not only do it, but use it as a means to bond with their babies.

Angela said...

eeewwwwww

Jacque Jo said...

I know. It's kinda weird. Creepy, even.

Shannon Blosser said...

Wait ... men breast feeding? I'm going to throw up my Cap'n Crunch. That ain't natural.