Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Old notebook, new laughter

I found a notebook in a drawer today that's about 18 months old. In the notebook was a screenplay Jo and I started writing about a psycho who was going to kill me and carve "never again" into my chest and fill the wounds with glitter.

It was loosely based on reality -- I had somehow managed to consume a nearly 40-year-old woman who thought that I was stealing her "boyfriend." This total whack job even went so far as to create fake MySpace pages to communicate with him, thinking I'd somehow be too stupid to catch on. She bitched about me to him relentlessly about how I was "picking on her."

This probably wouldn't have been as much fun if he just would have told the truth about her from the beginning rather than "oh, she's a psycho stalker. You should ignore her or she could hurt you or me or both of us." (Hey ... HIS words. NOT mine.)

... right. Truth? No? Half-truth? No? OK.

Fortunately, I'm so far removed from that world even the memories are spotty.

However, for the afternoon entertainment that notebook brought, this post is dedicated to the glitter graphic, Jo in Miami, "Crazy" by Pasty Cline, Jesus and our hope that one day, even I will be in the Writers Guild of America so I can be on strike.

7 comments:

Jim Thomsen said...

Pasty Cline. Is that her exotic-dancing twin?

Anonymous said...

frankly i would like to see jesus on strike. a man with bloody hands, barely able to hold up his sign, "i died for your lives. now gimme more wine."

Jacque Jo said...

Jim: DOH!

Nicole: That visual is off the chain.

Jacque Jo said...

I am thinking about mailing this notebook to Jo as a Christmas gift, though.

I know the concept is silly, but after he lied to me the fifth or fifteenth time (I lost track) about it, it lost its fun to us.

It was much more fun when his defiant insistence that she was a "caller gone crazy" went with it.

In a way, it's kind of sad. That friendship sort of went to hell after he started getting pissy with me about how she was checking my page and saw things she didn't like and as a "favor" to him, could I just change it?

That became something I would never forgive him for ... that was a clear, clear choice he made and his decision started the total unraveling of the friendship. I can tolerate a lot of crappy behavior from people. Repeatedly being lied to while I'm putting my ass on the line for you isn't one of them.

It became boring, so Jo and I moved on to other projects that are going to make us equally famous in the Lifetime: Television for Women realm. ... :)

some asian guy said...

click. (that's a light coming on. or maybe a dimmer switch.)

Jacque Jo said...

Indeed. :)

Angela said...

"Repeatedly being lied to while I'm putting my ass on the line for you isn't one of them."

God, woman. I love you. Some people. Sheesh.