Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Kids are awesome

My friend Amber looks over at me and says, "Luke got in trouble at school yesterday. He would have been done with his punishment right after school, but he got another day tacked on for that."

Luke is Amber's kindergarten-aged son. I asked what he did.

"They had a play at school yesterday, and apparently, he was rude to the actors."

I nearly spit out my diet Mountain Dew. And I'm still laughing about this.

Her 5-year-old was hassling actors. He's a heckler. I told her that she and her husband are failing to see the potential in this little future movie critic! That kid is an untapped resource. I'd encourage him to heckle MORE actors. And musicians.

I don't know if I'll ever have kids, but as long as there are kids like this hanging around, I'm happy.

No comments: