Wednesday, January 09, 2008

So, THAT'S what works!

Today, somehow, the topic of how people met their spouses/significant others came up.

I have some co-workers with really interesting stories.

One guy I work with met his wife at a bar in Morgantown. He was out with a group, she was out with a group and he told this girl's friend he found her booty to be rocking. They subsequently dated, fell in love and have been married now for four years.

Another co-worker was introduced to her husband by her sister. When she left, her future husband said to her sister, "Find out if she wants it." They dated, fell in love, got married seven or so years ago and have two really fun kids. They're also a great example of what marrying your best friend turns out to be. I admire them so much.

So, if you're a reader and you're inclined to share ... how did you meet your significant other? I'm curious to see what kind of stories we end up with. :)

3 comments:

Ann Ali said...

My high school boyfriend and I broke up shortly before college. We tried real hard at the "friends thing," and talked and hung out now and then at school.
He joined a fraternity our sophomore year, which I thought was quite lame, but hung around a time or two and met some dudes.
My senior year, one such dude lived down the hall from me, so we talked and hung out, realized how awesome we thought the other was, and have been dating for three years.
And now I'm best of friends with the ex and his girlfriend of 3 years. Crazy, huh?

Atypical California Girl said...

I met my first husband through my aunt. They used to work together.
I met my second husband when I was temping at his office.
My third husband? I am not really sure if there will be one. So far it seems like maybe I am not so great at the marriage thing.

Jacque Jo said...

I feel ya, sister. I'm not sure I'm all that suitable for it either. I clearly didn't hack it the first time!