Thursday, January 24, 2008

The latest obsession


This also is dedicated to my friend Mil, who's been seeing some stress at her job on top of quitting smoking. A lethal combination! My suggestion to her was rather than smoking, or knocking over a 7-Eleven, she should buy a potato gun.

I really, really want a potato gun.

I've read several sites that show you how you can make them, but the thought of exploding PVC pipe (coupled with my really fabulous karma) could result in an undesired outcome.

And I think I'd boil the potatoes to make sure they didn't hurt so much when they hit something. And I also think a potato that explodes on impact with a car windshield is infinitely funny.

But check out this guy's vids ... It's worth it. Especially if you're not doing anything. And keep in mind my birthday is Feb. 11, and because I'm hard to shop for, I'm just telling you right now that I really want a potato gun.

2 comments:

some asian guy said...

you'll shoot your eye out, kid.

msearhart428 said...

I could kiss your feet right now :) You are nothing short of an outright doll.

I so want one of these damn things, and this is coming from someone who has been shooting the guns that could really, really kill someone since I was barely old enough to hold one.

Yes, the first gun I shot was my dad's 12-gauge that came with Noah on the Ark. I shot it in the woods behind our trailer. Yee haw! (Insert Chapmanville joke here.)

I'm telling you, there's not a better release than having literal firepower in your hands and just raising hell!

Just a disclaimer: Society does frown upon those who REALLY raise hell and kill someone, do property damage, etc. But hey, if you let off a few shots in the woods where no one will hear, know or care, no damage done! Just don't shoot yourself :P