Wednesday, December 12, 2007

If there IS a Husband No. 2

I start a lot of sentences with that phase. It isn't because I'm in some sort of rush to run out and find him. I'm really not in any hurry to even go out to dinner with someone I don't know.

But there is, down the road, the thought of trying this concept again. And if that ever does happen, I hope I marry a really competitive dude, because he's going to have to help me top this in terms of freaking awesome:



The "Thriller" dance was awesome. The couple who replicated the final dance in "Dirty Dancing"? You totally have a fan in me. But I've placed this couple at my solid No. 1 to beat. You're going down, "Baby Got Back" couple!

** And speaking of weddings, today is my parents' 30th anniversary. THIRTY freakin' years!! :) Congratulations, Mom and Dad. Your decision to go to Virginia that weekend and get hitched created a couple of pretty fantastic kids and a lot of fun for them growing up. I'm happy to see two of my best friends reach this kind of milestone. :)**

6 comments:

Shannon Blosser said...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I find Wife No. 2, something nutty like this would have to go down. Perhaps coming out to Country Roads to the reception, or Mountain Dew, or even Fight Mountaineers. Or even ... not wouldn't this be funny ... I'll Make Love to You by Boyz II Men.

Ann Ali said...

Cincinnati Melissa and her wonderful husband Frank started their dance to some Michael Buble ditty, then busted out some "Can't Touch This," in the middle, cracking everyone up.
Much as I love those two, I don't think it was as fabulous as Baby Got Back couple. They set the bar.

some asian guy said...

y'know ... i laughed the first time i watched it, but subsequent viewings ... i don't know.

too polished, too calculated, no screw-ups? seems like a lot of work went into having a little fun.

and the bride looks like someone who flogged her fiance into doing it just so -- "funnier, dammit! now rub my ass again and do it the way i told you!"

Anonymous said...

1) Good luck finding a man who actually likes to dance.

2) She's REALLY lucky her knockers didn't pop right out of that dress...

Angela said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is absolutely beyond awesome. There aren't words for it.

Proof that finding the right person is bliss (at least for the night anyway). ;)

I loved how she almost fell out of her dress and when he was flipping her around that he didn't step on an edge. FABULOUS!

Jacque Jo said...

P, I know what you mean, but come ON! This would be awesome, even if you did work for it. But you're right. It would have to be a dude really wanting to pull something like this off and not be brow-beaten by a demanding woman who wants it so bad it's eclipsing everything else.

Sweet Ann: You're lucky!! AUGH! I want to see something like this.

Paige: I know ... Wish in one hand, ... ;)

Ang: The right person is going to be key in this. You can't pull this off without someone being into it fully.