Thursday, November 29, 2007

I just don't get it ...

I hate pop music, and I can't get enough of the song "Lip Gloss."


Music Videos - Lip Gloss

This song is arguably the most stupid song EVER made. There's no way in hell this required thought, effort or talent.

And yet, Lil' Mama is driving a Bentley and I'm working 50 hours a week.

I don't begrudge her for catching the break we all want, but I still don't get it. I think I'm officially getting old. It's finally happened. I'm ready to start watching "Match Game" re-runs and eating Swanson TV dinners.

Mmm. Salisbury steak.

6 comments:

Foobs said...

Much as Harry Potter and Voldemort journeyed in realms of magic previously unexplored, so this song and "My Humps" have taken musical badness further than it ever had (or ever should have) been.

Of course, I'm even older than you...

Unknown said...

That's more horrifying without the background music.

Remember the Lip Gloss remix we heard rolling down 95 after the White Stripes concert? Dude...Jack and Meg should've done a cover.

Jacque Jo said...

OH, Paige!! I remember!! That's awesome. I forgot all about that. I love that show they do. :) I want to have podcasts of that.

Patty O said...

Yeah, I listened to the first thirty seconds of that song just now and stopped. My ears were already starting to hurt.

And 28 is totally not too old by the way.

Shannon Blosser said...

I couldn't last 30 seconds into that song. The big boom every five words and her repeating the word lipgloss. Makes me want to put on some Garth Brooks and do a Leo Mazzone nervous sit in the clubhouse.

Jacque Jo said...

Nervous sit!! HAHAHA!!!