Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hangin' (out) in the gallows

A nearly 1o-year career in news will do that to you -- you develop a fantastic gallows sense of humor.

Amber's phone rings and she answers it. It's her husband Sam asking her a question about something he'd heard over at his job at University of Charleston.

She looks up at me and says, "Have you heard anything about somebody jumping off a bridge and getting hit by a car?"

My response?

"No, but that's a shitty way to start your Wednesday."

I'm going to hell ...

4 comments:

Jim Thomsen said...

Or worse: "A shitty way to start your Hump Day."

Jacque Jo said...

Indeed, sir. Indeed.

Oh, and it's true. We found it really did happen. Jeeeeeez.

Patty O said...

Haha, well if you do go to hell, let's hope they serve beer.

Jacque Jo said...

I'm hopeful that in addition to a flowing river of vodka, I get a good roommate. One who's got the microwave. I'll bring the bitchin' stereo.

I wonder if you need a microwave in hell, though?